Oldershaw RUFC Senior Men’s Coach
Oldershaw Rugby club are looking for a Head Coach who can assist in developing the Senior men’s section (as priority) and facilitate a brand of rugby that is both enjoyable to play and watch, along with developing players individual skills and fitness levels. Over the last couple of seasons we have had a spate of retirements either through age or injury and as such this is a developing group of players who would benefit from a hands on coach with the patience to work with and improve a willing group of players. We currently run a 1st and 2nd team, with the 1st team playing at level 9.
The club is also looking to develop its own youth and currently has 3 junior sides, although these will not reach senior level for the next few years, together with a Ladies Touch Rugby squad and Under 13’s girls. The focus is therefore on development and retention of the existing playing base, whilst also working with the committee to help develop recruitment strategies to further boost numbers. Oldershaw is very much a Community Club trying to ensure that the WHOLE community benefits from what we have to offer. The candidate therefore has to have a full appreciation of that and the empathy to go alongside.
The club is easily accessible, being a short distance from both bus and train links, as well as being just at the end of the M53. We enjoy our own club house and thriving social scene.
The correct candidate would be:
- RFU (or equivalent) coaching qualified to Level 2 (or a broad experience base with the desire to progress and obtain level 2 qualifications);
- Driven, with a key focus on the development of skill, game awareness, fitness and enjoyment of the club’s Senior Men’s players and teams;
- Enthusiastic about a developing club situated in the North West who are still in growth mode;
- Committed to one training session a week and all league/cup games; and
- Provide a friendly inclusive space for all levels of players to be able to enjoy watching and playing rugby.
The club is willing to support in achieving RFU Coaching and/or Refereeing awards and CPD courses.
For more information email Chairman – Colin Bunting – email@example.com